Monday, January 14, 2008

God's Beauty

On our way to the Crawford's this past Sunday afternoon, I noticed the how beautiful the sky looked. A storm was rolling out, and the sun was breaking through the billowy clouds, painting a beautiful image in the sky! If you know me, then you know I'm the type of person that thinks it should turn to spring right after New Years. It's not that I don't like the snow, but after the Holidays it just seems to look bleak and boring. The plows make the snow dirty, the days are short, and I can't seem to get rid of the winter blues. Sundays are particularly hard, because I usually feel a little anxious and apprehensive for Monday. Anyway, this Sunday I was experiencing a little winter blues. I was sick of the inversion and said a little prayer after church asking Heavenly Father to help me be happy and not dread the work week. As we drove on the freeway, I glanced at the sky and saw this....

Seeing the blue sky breaking away from the dark, stormy clouds gave me a sense of peace and I thanked Heavenly Father for beautiful images like this. In a way, I guess that's how life is- sometimes when we're unhappy with dark clouds around us, there is always a blue sky waiting to break through if we ask for help to see it.

5 comments:

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

LOVE this blog, I get the same way. In my world, winter will end after New Years, at least, that has always been my plan.

and now, a note from a very eager Boston Z umx bfvb bhhhhhhhg 5t h cr h bntg
I hope you have a liahona to interpret it!

Garden House Floral said...

We are totally alike in that way! Don't worry spring IS around the corner. Do you have any indoor plants? That always helps me. Have Andrew go buy you a plant or a bulb/Amarylis like on Shelley's blog. That's what I have. I just started mine.
Karlie

April said...

That's so sweet. I also love to look at your cool pictures. What a good photographer!

Kat said...

Um... good to hear I'm not the only one who dreads the work week. I pray seriously hard when I get the blues like that. It always seems to help a ton. Sometimes I wonder if we share the same brain??

JJ, Mands, and Lil said...

I love your optimistic, spiritual side. Thanks for sharing those pretty photos and thoughts!