Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tis the Season

I'm sitting in my living room. All the lights are off, except for the lights on my Christmas tree, and there is beautiful piano music playing from my favorite website Pandora.com. I'm about to head out the door into the hustle and bustle, but before I do, I wanted to write down and share a few things. Maybe it's the music and my surroundings that have me feeling sentimental and nostalgic, or maybe it's hormones. Either way, I wanted to share a few thoughts!
If you didn't get a chance to see or hear the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, I highly recommend you take an hour and listen to it! (You can find it on http://www.lds.org/) Andrew's mom works as a secretary for the first presidency, so she gets tickets to events all the time. I'll be honest and say that I wasn't really in the mood to fight traffic to go downtown and listen to some talks that were broadcast on T.V. where I could have watched in my jammies! But now I'm really glad I went, and realized what a huge blessing it was to be in the same room as our Prophet and his counselors. The Spirit was so strong and I felt so uplifted afterwords.

Mom also emailed me a link to a story about giving, charity, and friendship. Here is the link. (http://www.timesandseasons.org/?p=4278#more-4278) If you have 5 minutes, please read it! It's very moving and really made me think about how our actions and compassion towards other people can not only change and enrich their lives, but our own as well.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of my friends and family who have always shown kindness and compassion towards me! I hope I've been that kind of friend to you as well! Love you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Wasn't that devotional great to listen to? I look forward to it every year. I could totally relate to lying in the dark watching the tree- also one of my favorite things to do around Christmastime and reflect.