Tuesday, December 11, 2007

John Schmidt and Gingerbread Houses

Last weekend my family went to the John Schmidt Christmas concert at Kingsbury Hall. Before the concert, we ate at the Pie up at the UofU. The concert was a little long, but we had a blast! I have the funniest family, which always makes our gatherings a great time! Later that night we had everyone meet at my parents house to make gingerbread houses (or in some cases graham cracker houses)!
Andrew and I were the only ones with an actual gingerbread house. It was actually a kit we bought at Roberts. It was so much fun and the creative juices were flowing! Steve and Ashlynn got pretty creative and made the a Santa Clause on their roof with gummy "reindeer's"! I thought they did a great job! Also, notice the little open door with the gummy bears kissing? That was their idea too! I created the gumdrop snow man!

4 comments:

The Badgers said...

Soooo fun! Your family IS great! And it's cool that Andrew fits right in and joins the fun. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fit in with your family they are all so welcoming. Your blog rocks!

JJ, Mands, and Lil said...

Ohhh it looked like so much fun! I am totally missing Utah right now. THe snow looks so pretty.

When you mentioned the " Pie" my mouth started watering and it is like 9:30 am in the morning here. I would die for a nice buttery breadstick and and slice of cheese pizza.

You have a great looking family and you and your husband are one good looking couple!

Oh by the way I am going to add you to my list of favorite blogs.

Aubrey said...

How cute is your family!!! I love how domestic you guys are.

And by the way, when you said you ate at the Pie, my mouth started salivating. I haven't eaten there in years. Thats one thing I miss about Utah for sure! Oh, and Cafe Rio too...why is it always about food with me! :)

Kat said...

What a fun night! Some of my favorite things. The gingerbread houses look great! I love the santa on the rooftop... very creative! I miss going to concerts at Kingsbury.... I seriously used to go all the time since my 3 oldest siblings were always in concerts there, and remember my little bro dave? he's on a mission now, but before that he was majoring in music at the U- and he was always around there. It was fun to hear about your night out with the fam. I miss the pie! I remember the first time I ever went there. I was 12 or so, and went with my sister to school for some reason. It was later at night when we walked in, and there were 2girls making out in the corner. I was so shocked (and still am when I see that quite frankly) ;)
good memories. Your bro's have grown up!