Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm Thankful

Ah...Thanksgiving has come and gone, and what a feast we had! Aunt Cheryl hosted it this year and she did such a great job decorating and making everything so nice! Grandma and Grandpa Baker came up from Hurricane, and they brought Grandma's nice silver flatware. Cheryl folded the napkins around them and then put a little raffia to tie them together!. It was very Martha Stewart if I do say so myself, and I LOVED it! She also bought some mini pumpkins, indian corn, and squash to decorate the center of the table. I love Thanksgiving, not just because the food is so great, but I love getting together with my family! We always laugh so hard and have a great time! I also had the great responsibility of bringing the green bean casserole. I was a little nervous about how it would go over, but it was a hit and there was not one bean left in the dish when dinner was over! One Holiday tradition my family has is puzzles. It seems like this is the time of year we pull them out and they take over the table for a few days until they are done! I'm not a huge fan of puzzles, so I only helped for a few minutes, but Andrew, Mom, Barry, Cheryl, & Chad love them! They finished the puzzle in one night! Mom and Ty before dinner Gradma & Grandpa enjoying their meal! Feeling VERY full....





Barry took this last picture- I think I was asking Sphynx if he wanted more wine...hehe...j/k. Maybe it was just too much tryptophan....

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow! What a beautiful table setting! You should see Thanksgiving at my grandparent's house. Paper plates and people just sitting on the couches or wherever there's a good shot of the football game. Its pretty funny!

The Badgers said...

I can't believe how old Ty is! He is so tall! Fun to see what you did and hear about your traditions.